Weeds are frustrating because it seems like no matter how often or hard you pull, the pesky plants always come back to take over your beautiful garden. We're here to offer some tips from professionals in weed control in Savannah GA to making sure that those weeds are under control for good:
-This first one might seem shocking: stop pulling. Surprisingly, pulling weeds out of the ground actually brings more weed seeds above the ground's surface, spreading their presence. Instead, slice them at their roots with a knife and allow the top of the weed to die on its own.
- Smother the weeds so that no light reaches them. You can do this by spreading wood chips, straw, or pine needles over the weeds. Make sure that the covering layer is at least two inches thick.
- Make a schedule to tend to them and stick to it. Consistent maintenance is the best way to assure that they go away and more importantly, stay away.
- Plant plants closer together to eliminate open space that weeds tend to grow into. Not only will your weed growth decrease, but your garden will look more luscious!
Friday, September 15, 2017
Austin stone is a beautiful type of limestone that is used in homes to create an amazing ambiance. It is best to use it indoors like in kitchens or living rooms. It has a rusticated look to it and can be formed in any pattern you choose! It is very durable and will not fade in color and requires little maintenance. If you're considering adding Austin Stone to your home, contact a professional in installing Austin Stone in Keller TX.
It is every home owner’s dream to have the perfect yard. Whether it is an entertainment area for friends and family or a decorative garden to bring color to your land, it is not an easy task to maintain. Read up on these tips for landscaping maintenance in Bradenton FL to bring your property to life.
One thing you can do to make your landscape stand out is lining your lawn with a fence. When a particular area is more defined and segmented, it tends to catch the eye more easily. Fencing is a great option to add contrast to your landscape but also make a private and safe area for your family. Another option to take into consideration is adding some traditional foundation planting to the front of your home. These plants will help set the tone of your landscape and also help add some maturity to newly built homes. One last idea is to create an established entry way to your door. This could include a unique walkway or lining that presents the front of your house.
Landscape design makes your house look good and also increases the value of your home. A good first impression can make a huge difference when selling your home, and the first thing people see is the outside of your home. So here are some tips on how to design your landscape:
- Add borders and mulch. Clean edges make your yard look like it has always been well maintained.
- Prune your shrubs. This means just taking off all the dead branches or dead leaves that are on your shrubs and trees to help them live longer and healthier.
- Add pops of color with planters and pots. This will draw the eye and look really pretty with colorful flowers in them.
Thursday, September 14, 2017
The last thing you want to see after a fresh concrete job is the presence of cracks. The best practice to prevent this from happening to your hardscaping in Springfield VA is a successful curing process. Read up on these tips so you can layout the perfect concrete this fall.
One step you can take to prevent cracking in your concrete is placing a fine cover of plastic over top. The plastic serves to keep dust, dirt, and other elements off of the surface but its most important purpose is for the curing process. Drying should be done at a gradual pace, otherwise cracks will appear quickly. The plastic helps trap moisture inside so the concrete can dry over a longer period of time. For an extra safety measure you can always lightly mist the surface to prevent rapid drying.
Thursday, September 7, 2017
Fall is a beautiful season, but the leaves are falling and landing on patios and decks. This is a good time to keep raking your leaves so your grass can get oxygen before the colder months. It is also a good time to trim your dead tree branches so they don't fall during the winter time. As for patio and deck furniture, it is a good idea to cover them up or bring them inside to a shed or a garage. Or, you could build a patio cover to block it from the damage of rain or snow. If you need patio covers in Fort Worth TX, click the link to speak with a professional who can help you in preparation for the winter.
Fall landscaping is important because it prepares your lawn for the harsher winter months. So, get ready to mulch, prune, and plant before winter comes, or talk to a professional in landscape construction in Napa County CA to help you with your landscape needs. Here are some tips to consider:
- Remove the dead and dying parts of your landscape because this can hurt or kill the whole plant.
- Add mulch to your lawn to protect it from frost and the cold weather.
- Wrap delicate shrubs in burlap or cover smaller delicate plants with potters and planters to help protect them.