- Tip of the Day! To ensure optimal growth, make sure your plants are exposed to enough sun and good quality soil.
- Take a trip to a local garden center to learn what types of flowers are typical for the season and location.
- If you're not interested in all the maintenance associated with annuals, try filling out your garden with perennials since they tend to require less care.
- Keep an eye out for many flowers, such as the Daffodil, that begin to bloom in early spring!
- Gardening Tip! Add annuals to a garden of perennials each year to change up the look and keep it fresh.
Tuesday, December 20, 2016
A good way to get through the winter is to think about your plans for the spring. One thing you should definitely be thinking about if your landscaping and lawn care. Start thinking about everything from new decorations in your yard to lawn fertilization in Jenks OK. Here are some tips to get you thinking about spring.
We came across some fall landscaping tips provided by an expert in landscape maintenance in Clarksville MD. While fall has passed, it's still important to keep some of these tips in mind if you haven't already done so. Late landscaping is better than no landscaping at all!
- Fall mulching is better for the plants than spring mulching, it helps protects the roots during the winter season!
- Fall isn't the time to prune, because that encourages growth when healthy plants should remain dormant.
- Early fall is the time to plant trees and shrubs. Also, sales are very popular before the winter!
Many people think that there isn't much you can do to improve your landscape during winter months. However, that isn't the case. Everything from additional raking to landscape lighting in Pawleys Island SC improves the appearance of your property. Here are some helpful tips to keep in mind this winter.
- Fight the winter blues by lighting up your outdoor walkways! Illuminated arches and solar lights are great ways to add cheer to your landscape during the winter months.
- Grass will often turn brown during the winter months, only to spring back to life once warmer weather hits. To ensure your grass will come back to life, avoid walking on your lawn as much as possible!
- Leaves left unattended from previous months can create dead spots throughout your grass and should be removed to avoid any additional lawn-health issues! While your grass doesn't grow or thrive in the winter, year round lawn care in Hopewell NJ is important.
- Grass should be kept short during the winter months to fend off grass-feeding critters!
- Winter is a great time to take a good look at your yard to determine what kind of changes you would like to make in the upcoming months. Once warmer weather hits, you will be able to put your plan into action!
Just because it's cold outside, that doesn't mean that you shouldn't be thinking about your lawn. People who think about their lawn over the winter and prepare for the spring are the ones who have the nicest lawns. Keep these tips in mind are you prepare for the spring and start thinking about lawn care in Charlotte NC.
- Clippings from mowing the lawn will help the soil nutrients!
- Don't overfeed your lawn because it can result in weak growth and fungal problems.
- Once your grass loses it's spring after being stepped on, you know it's time to water it!
Thursday, December 8, 2016
Many people aren't thinking about their landscaping at this time of year. However, now is a great time to get ahead and start planning for the spring. If you can get your planning and designing out of the way during the winter, then you can hit the ground running with yard work and planting as soon as the weather becomes warm. Here are some tips to keep in mind this winter:
- Get inspired. Whether you choose to take a look at neighbor’s yards or watch your favorite home design television show, take a moment to get motivated to update your yard. Consider redesigning your landscaping or maybe even purchasing new outdoor furniture to create a new look.
- Plan projects. Before you jump into a new landscaping project, take some time to create a master plan of everything that needs to be done. This will help you prepare and be organized throughout the completion of your project.
- Lay stone tiles. Stone tiles, especially decorative ones, are a fun design element that can be a great way to fill space in your garden and create a walk way so that you can easily tend to your plants without worrying about stepping on any of them. Get creative by choosing different shaped and colored tiles.
Tuesday, November 29, 2016
Most people don't think about lawn care during the winter months. That doesn't mean that keeping up with your lawn is not important though. Thankfully, a Hopewell NJ lawn maintenance company has provided some tips:
- Do a soil test. Before planting in the spring, consider testing your soil to get a better understanding of the conditions and how your new plants or trees may be affected. Considering the soil quality will help you select a species that is fitting to your environment.
- Check for diseases and pests. You should check your landscape for any signs of diseases or pest and critter infestation. It’s best to identify and treat these issues early to prevent permanent damage! If necessary, consult a professional about the use of pesticides and potential alternatives.
- Fertilize. Keep your lawn properly fertilized during the winter months to prevent the growth of snow mold. Lawn fertilization in Oklahoma City OK is important year round.
Wednesday, November 23, 2016
Many people tend to neglect their lawn during the winter. You definitely don't need to do as much maintenance during the winter but it is important to keep an eye on your lawn and see how it is doing. Thankfully, a lawn service in Charlotte NC has provided us with some remind and tips for keeping your lawn in good shape.
- Aerate. Using an aerator to loosen up the soil in your lawn and gardens will help promote better growth and an overall healthier lawn.
- Mow regularly. Your lawn should be mowed year-round. During spring, summer, and fall, it may be necessary to mow at least once a week, while during winter months it can be done much less frequently.
- Feed it. Most experts recommend fertilizing your lawn at least twice a year to promote optimal healthy growth. You may want to consult with a professional landscaper about which fertilizer is right for your grass.
Winter is a great time to start planning your landscaping for next year. You don't want to be stuck without a plan when warmer weather comes and your ready to improve your yard. You should take some time to sit down and think of what you want to do and how you'll achieve it. Here are some Palmetto FL landscaping design tips to make your yard more colorful.
- Create a
container garden. Try planting a mixture of your favorite flowers in pots
or containers to create a flexible and versatile alternative to your typical
in-ground landscape. Not only can you move them inside if necessary to avoid
weather damage or seasonal climate change, but you can select decorative pots
to add some extra pop.
- Add fruit
trees. Fruit trees are a great way to provide not only a homegrown food
source, but also some beautiful blooms in the spring. To reach full potential
during grow season, fruit trees must be pruned and well maintained year-round.
- Plant bulbs. Bulbs often produce some of the most beautiful flowers, but make sure to do your research before planting them. Different types of bulbs thrive in different seasons, climates, and soils.
Thursday, November 10, 2016
The winter can be dreary time. It's easy to sit inside all winter and lose some inspiration for your projects. However, we're here to help keep you inspired. Here are some tips for how to create a beautiful lawn year round.
outdoor lighting. Install outdoor lighting fixtures to illuminate your yard
or hardscapes in Naperville IL at night. Decide if you want something simple such as a solar
lamppost stuck in the ground or something more intricate to add more visual
potted plants. Potted plants offer a versatile option to help decorate your
landscape. Adding a few near your front door or driveway will help create a
welcoming vibe, while helping to tie together you outdoor landscaping and your
- Create diversity. Fill your yard with many different types of flowers, trees, and shrubs to make your yard stand out. Make sure you include at least one flower for each season so there is always at least one plant blooming year-round.
Winter is right around the corner, and while you likely won't be spending much time outside, that doesn't mean you should neglect your yard. Thankfully, a North Hills PA lawn care expert provided us with some tips to share with you for keeping your lawn and landscaping in good shape throughout the winter.
- Fertilize. Keep your lawn properly fertilized during the winter months to prevent the growth of snow mold.
shelter with covers. While most plants can endure winter weather, some may
be more sensitive to colder temperature than others. Use sheets, tarps, or
blankets to help temporarily protect your precious landscape from frost. If
possible, potted plants and statues should be moved inside to prevent cracks or
- Beware of salts. De-icing salts can kill grass and create bare spots in your yard. If you plan to use salts this winter, try to keep them as far away from your lawn as possible.