- Tip of the Day! To ensure optimal growth, make sure your plants are exposed to enough sun and good quality soil.
- Take a trip to a local garden center to learn what types of flowers are typical for the season and location.
- If you're not interested in all the maintenance associated with annuals, try filling out your garden with perennials since they tend to require less care.
- Keep an eye out for many flowers, such as the Daffodil, that begin to bloom in early spring!
- Gardening Tip! Add annuals to a garden of perennials each year to change up the look and keep it fresh.
Tuesday, December 20, 2016
A good way to get through the winter is to think about your plans for the spring. One thing you should definitely be thinking about if your landscaping and lawn care. Start thinking about everything from new decorations in your yard to lawn fertilization in Jenks OK. Here are some tips to get you thinking about spring.
We came across some fall landscaping tips provided by an expert in landscape maintenance in Clarksville MD. While fall has passed, it's still important to keep some of these tips in mind if you haven't already done so. Late landscaping is better than no landscaping at all!
- Fall mulching is better for the plants than spring mulching, it helps protects the roots during the winter season!
- Fall isn't the time to prune, because that encourages growth when healthy plants should remain dormant.
- Early fall is the time to plant trees and shrubs. Also, sales are very popular before the winter!
Many people think that there isn't much you can do to improve your landscape during winter months. However, that isn't the case. Everything from additional raking to landscape lighting in Pawleys Island SC improves the appearance of your property. Here are some helpful tips to keep in mind this winter.
- Fight the winter blues by lighting up your outdoor walkways! Illuminated arches and solar lights are great ways to add cheer to your landscape during the winter months.
- Grass will often turn brown during the winter months, only to spring back to life once warmer weather hits. To ensure your grass will come back to life, avoid walking on your lawn as much as possible!
- Leaves left unattended from previous months can create dead spots throughout your grass and should be removed to avoid any additional lawn-health issues! While your grass doesn't grow or thrive in the winter, year round lawn care in Hopewell NJ is important.
- Grass should be kept short during the winter months to fend off grass-feeding critters!
- Winter is a great time to take a good look at your yard to determine what kind of changes you would like to make in the upcoming months. Once warmer weather hits, you will be able to put your plan into action!
Just because it's cold outside, that doesn't mean that you shouldn't be thinking about your lawn. People who think about their lawn over the winter and prepare for the spring are the ones who have the nicest lawns. Keep these tips in mind are you prepare for the spring and start thinking about lawn care in Charlotte NC.
- Clippings from mowing the lawn will help the soil nutrients!
- Don't overfeed your lawn because it can result in weak growth and fungal problems.
- Once your grass loses it's spring after being stepped on, you know it's time to water it!
Thursday, December 8, 2016
Many people aren't thinking about their landscaping at this time of year. However, now is a great time to get ahead and start planning for the spring. If you can get your planning and designing out of the way during the winter, then you can hit the ground running with yard work and planting as soon as the weather becomes warm. Here are some tips to keep in mind this winter:
- Get inspired. Whether you choose to take a look at neighbor’s yards or watch your favorite home design television show, take a moment to get motivated to update your yard. Consider redesigning your landscaping or maybe even purchasing new outdoor furniture to create a new look.
- Plan projects. Before you jump into a new landscaping project, take some time to create a master plan of everything that needs to be done. This will help you prepare and be organized throughout the completion of your project.
- Lay stone tiles. Stone tiles, especially decorative ones, are a fun design element that can be a great way to fill space in your garden and create a walk way so that you can easily tend to your plants without worrying about stepping on any of them. Get creative by choosing different shaped and colored tiles.