- Avoid overwatering. It’s important to find the happy medium between under-watering and over-watering. Under-watering will cause your grass to die, while over-watering can attract pests.
- Buy safe products. Staying away from chemicals will make your lawn healthier in the long run. Look for words like “Warning” or “Danger” on packaging labels to identify products you should avoid.
Friday, January 27, 2017
We're approaching that time of year when many people start thinking about their landscaping. Here are some helpful tips for lawn care in Charlotte NC.
Grass is a key component that contributes to the overall beauty and health of your yard, so we wanted to take this time to share some important Bartlesville OK lawn care landscaping tips to keep your grass in tiptop shape!
- Mow regularly. Your lawn should be mowed year-round. During spring, summer, and fall, it may be necessary to mow at least once a week, while during winter months it can be done much less frequently.
- Feed it. Most experts recommend fertilizing your lawn at least twice a year to promote optimal healthy growth. You may want to consult with a professional landscaper about which fertilizer is right for your grass.
Now is a great time to start making plans for the upcoming season. While many people prefer to landscape their yard on their own, sometimes you may decide to hire a professional. Here are some tips to keep in mind when looking for landscaping in Pawleys Island SC.
- Ask for recommendations. Friends, family, coworkers, and neighbors are some of the best resources for finding the right service. Getting an idea of other people’s experiences will help you weed out the bad companies and get a better idea of who you can trust to get the work done.
- Know what you want. Before hiring a landscaper, take a good look around to determine exactly what kind of work you want to have completed. Different companies may have different specialties and having a desired outcome in mind will help you find one who is the right fit for the job.
- Discuss payment. Make sure you feel comfortable with the company’s desired method of payment. Many landscaping professionals require a deposit before the work is completed, but beware of paying in full upfront.
Friday, January 13, 2017
Just because it's cold outside, that doesn't mean that you can't make your landscaping look wonderful. Here are some great winter landscaping ideas. There were provided to us by a College Park MD lawn mowing service.
- Looking for a way to keep your garden looking nice during the winter time? Evergreens are a popular plant for your winter landscape.
- If you need a colorful plant to brighten up your yard this winter- try adding holly!
- When you're salting your driveway and sidewalks for a big storm, make sure you don't get any on your lawn. The high salt content can harm grass and lead to bare spots.
While landscaping may seem like a daunting task to some people, that doesn't have to be the case. When landscaping, it's important to have a budget to follow. Here are some helpful budgeting tips, provided by a Lockport IL landscape design professional.
- When you're planning out a budget for your next landscaping project, be sure to shop around your house first! Don't overspend on items that you already have.
- Don't be scared to splurge on your most wanted items for your new yard!
- Hiring a professional can really help with budgeting. They will know how much and where to spend the most money.
Edging is something that can make a yard look great. If your resolution this year was to improve landscaping, edging is a great place to start. Here are some edging tips provided by an expert in sand stone in Fort Worth TX.
- Looking for a more rustic style for your yard? Use a stone landscape edging.
- The most durable landscape edging to use for your yard is metal. Even though it's more expensive, it will last longer!
- If you're looking for a quick, do it yourself landscape edging project use plastic edging! Plastic edging has the most colors and designs to choose from.
Sunday, January 8, 2017
Winter can be a tough time for landscaping. However we wanted to give you some tips and reminders to help with landscaping and lawn care in Princeton NJ.
- Fight the winter blues by lighting up your outdoor walkways! Illuminated arches and solar lights are great ways to add cheer to your landscape during the winter months.
- Grass will often turn brown during the winter months, only to spring back to life once warmer weather hits. To ensure your grass will come back to life, avoid walking on your lawn as much as possible!
- Leaves left unattended from previous months can create dead spots throughout your grass and should be removed to avoid any additional lawn-health issues!